Monday, November 11, 2013

Fashion No No's

As I was researching what some of the top fashion no, no's this fall were, surprisingly enough I got lucky to find a recent article in the Cosmopolitan. But during the search, I found an article online through Ambition Magazine. One thing in particular caught my eye that I wanted to share with you wonderful people. It noted that one of the biggest fashion fads from 2012 to throw out this year was leggings.
 "Whether its under, skirts, dresses, or with boots, leggings need to be retired. Fashion stylist and consultant Keith Grant thought they were the worst fashion trend ever and specifically states, it all looks the same and so predictable." Credit goes to Ambition Magazine
 I am actually surprised this was said because I still see people wearing leggings with boots and over sized sweaters actually quite often. Even myself, I wear leggings quite often, maybe not often as a fashion trend, but to be comfy. If I were to wear them to make a fashion statement, I'd be wearing them with leg warmers, boots and a big sweater. I don't think that leggings should necessarily be thrown out of style, however, I do feel that they are maybe not for everyone just like high-waisted shorts and crop tops. Just like a lot of other types of clothing, they might just not be for you and that's something that you have to watch out for. My final opinion on wearing leggings as a fashion fad, is be careful, but if you can pull it off and put the right outfit together, work it.


A few other things I found when researching what to throw out of my closet from last year came from a Cosmopolitan article. One obvious thing they were saying to throw out was flare jeans. I completely 100% agree with that statement. I haven't worn jeans that weren't skinny jeans in over a year and I plan to keep it that way. My personal opinion when wearing jeans, is that skinny jeans are not only more fashionable, but tend to be a lot easier to work with as well. For instance, when wearing them with a boot, you don't have crunch the extra jean material in order for it to fit into your boots. Another is that when wearing them, they are easy to roll and at no point will you have to hassle of stepping on the bottoms and ruining them like you do with any flare pant.
They also said that chunky necklaces weren't the thing to be wearing anymore. I on the other hand feel that with the right outfit, the chunky necklace can be the finishing touch. For example with a plain colored shirt, or with a high neckline shirt. I'm not all that huge with the chunky necklaces, but if you can wear it with the right thing I think that they are something to keep around, at least for the mean time.
 They had mentioned multiple other things such as high waisted underwear and wrap dresses, but I felt those were a little irrelevant to mention. Why they would need to mention to someone that high waisted underwear is not longer in and "not sexy", is beyond me. I don't think they have been in since my mom was at the age of 20.

These are just a things I found and my thoughts on them. I'd love to hear what everyone else is thinking.
What are your thoughts/comments about leggings, flare jeans and chunky necklaces going out of style?
Please share!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment