Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Don't Be a "Hater", Rock the "Skater"

Those things that we use to call cheerleader skirts are now back, but not for school spirit. Girls have been calling those cheerleader skirts "skater" skirts and wearing them day and night. Just like any other piece of clothing, the skater skirt can be dressed up for night life downtown or just for a day at the mall.

If you're not quite sure what I might be referring to; I'm talking about those flowy skirts you yanked up to your belly button to make just short enough to catch a look from one of those high-school athletes while cheering from the sidelines. Well, yeah those, they're back, but not quite as you imagine. 

I have featured a couple different looks to pair with the skater skirt. The first being a night look. Printed aztec turquoise skirt, from +PacSun, paired with a plain black long sleeve shirt, chunky black heels and a jacket, either blazer or leather coat. Along with the outfit I had Lexi keep the jewelry pretty simple, studded earrings and a few rings. 



For a little more casual look with the skater skirt. Lexi rocked her skirt with a casual crop, again from +PacSun, with her white low cut +Converse. For jewelry this time, she wore two long gold necklaces, a chunky gold bracelet and gold stud earrings.



At first I wasn't sure what to think of these skirts I squeezed into back in high school coming in as a fashion trend, but now, especially after this intriguing shoot I did with Lexi, I feel that I love them. In fact, I went out and bout a couple for myself today, but dont tell my dad, and we will just hope he won't be reading this. 




Photographs again taken by yours truly. Big thanks and shout out to my beautiful model and friend Lexi Blosch for being my guinea pig, even though I think she enjoyed it more than I did. ;) You can check her out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or all of the above @lexiblosch02.

No comments:

Post a Comment