Sunday, October 13, 2013

Nerd Glasses, in to Stay

Nerd glasses are no longer a look for just the brainiacs, people everywhere have been using them as a fashion trend for sometime now and as far as I'm concerned they aren't leaving anytime soon. Both girls and guys, even celebs have been putting on the vintage nerd look.

I can remember growing up looking through old pictures of my Mom and Dad when they were in high school giving them grief about how "nerdy" they looked with their fros, mullets and giant glasses. To think the same thing I was making fun of 10 or less years ago is now back as a fashion trend, along with high waisted shorts and crop tops is simply crazy to me.



I love the vintage nerd look. Whether you wear them with a big sweater, leggings and boots, or with a skater skirt in heels. It really can go either way. Unfortunately, I am not the girl who can pull off big glasses, so I again asked a favor of my beautiful friends to model for me.








There are so many different types of the nerd glasses these days. Lexi, whose glasses are a little bit smaller than Channing's, wore a big sweater, leggings and Converse went for more of the casual fall look where Channing took more of the "punk" look direction. If you're a fortunate soul that can pull of the glasses and don't have a pair, get out there and get them while they're hot, even if they're not prescription (no one will know). Ready. Set. Go.




Big thanks again to Channing (left) and Lexi (right) for being my models. 



2 comments:

  1. Where are local stores that I can find some of these glasses at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for fake ones? Or prescription? Fake ones I have seen all over, the Buckle just got some new sweet ones in! As for prescription, I just got mine at Mauer Eye Clinic, huge variety. Otherwise any eye store, Vision 4 Less etc.

    ReplyDelete